Friday, May 9, 2014

Standardized Tests

Question: 

How did you feel about taking standardized tests in secondary school? In what ways did your high school prepare you for standardized tests? If you had the ways and the means how would you do it differently?

Answer:

In school I absolutely hated taking standardized tests.  I already have anxiety with taking low stake tests so giving me a test that is worth a ton makes me panic even more.  My high school really did not prepare me for these tests at all. Once a week for a few weeks leading up to our test, my teachers would remind us by saying "Remember you have your huge test coming up. Make sure you study." but that was it. It was very frustrating because I did not feel prepared at all and I did not know what exactly to study. If I could have done it differently, I definitely would have taken the extra time to sit down with my teachers to really discuss what to expect on the test rather than allowing myself to stress out and panic for weeks over it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment